ATHENS, Ohio (January 12, 2017)—The Social Media Analytics Research Team (SMART) Lab is hosting a SMART Dialogue Series this semester where faculty, staff and students will prepare talks about social media research they are conducting.
The SMART Lab, based in the Scripps College of Communication, is an interdisciplinary laboratory that fosters and promotes cutting-edge research. The SMART Lab aims to further enhance our understanding of online user behavior in online communities, and predict future outcomes.
The sessions are intended to be in a casual and collegial atmosphere, where presenter and audience are encouraged to engage in discussion about the topic. The talks will be held on Wednesdays in the SMART Lab (Scripps Hall, 212) from 1:00-2:00 p.m. Each session is free to attend and attendees do not need to RSVP.
Schedule of speakers:
- January 18 – Hans Meyer, associate professor, E.W. Scripps School of Journalism
- February 1 – Nisha Garud, Ph.D. student, E.W. Scripps School of Journalism
- February 15 – Jessica Ford, assistant professor, School of Communication Studies
- March 1 – Alexandra Lippert, School of Communication Studies
- March 15 – Chetra Chap, Ph.D. student, Mass Communication
- March 29 – Bowen Gao, Ph.D. student, School of Media Arts & Studies
- April 12 – Kyle Snyder, lecturer, School of Media Arts & Studies
For any questions regarding the SMART Dialogue Series and to register to be a speaker please contact SMART Lab Director Dr. Laeeq Khan at email@example.com.
For more information about the SMART Lab, visit https://smartlabohiou.com/
-By: Claire Berlin